Re: [tlug] Should we stop password protecting the TLUG archives?

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> However, the admin list also contains discussions about banning people
> and things like that.  Let's not open that unless somebody is willing
> to go through and vette it for personal information.  It's one thing
> to make public Brett's bluster on the public list, as a private
> individual, about insisting that I behave.  It's quite another to leak
> the minutes of the elected officials of the group cold-bloodedly
> discussing methods for carrying out a life sentence of TLUG ostracism,
> possibly including discussions of other organizations that took
> similar action against the same individual, and of potentially
> criminal behavior by said individual.

Sorry, Stephen, I don't follow you at all... Would I join some yakuza
group, I could understand your point...

I just signed a petitition in France to ask the government not to keep
private information from ISPs. If such private information about me
could be kept in a "semi-public" list such as tlug-admin, without my
consent, this could be a real issue, much worse than government's...

Of course, this did and will not happen here, I am sure...

Pretty sure.

If there is any doubt about that, the admin archives should absolutely
be opened to the world, or removed forever.

Bruno.

--
GPG Key: 653514E5 (http://www.raoult.com/gpg)