[tlug] Proposal: TLUG Library

I have recently found myself wanting books to help with some coding,
and whilst browsing bookstores, an idea occurred to me that I thought
was worth running by the list.

How many people would be interested in participating in a loosely
coupled virtual library? It would work like this: we would have a
piece of software (probably my VBS
project--http://sourceforge.net/projects/vbs) running somewhere,
probably on tlug.jp (if Hikari can handle it), that would allow
participants to list books that they are willing to lend out to other
TLUGgers. Actual lending and returning of books could happen at
meetings and nomikais, or be arranged by the two people offlist. The
software would keep track of who has what, and I could probably build
some web-of-trust stuff in so that you could be reasonably certain
that people would not abscond with your books.

I can provide the software, and I certainly have a few books that I
would be willing to put into circulation, as it were, if other
TLUGgers are interested.

-Josh