Re: [tlug] Suse-10.0 #2

[LHS] After my upgrade troubles, I better report on two successful installs of SuSE 10.0.

1) I successfully installed it on an old HP (P-III 800MHz) that I had previously put SuSE-9.1 into, but had been unable to upgrade or newly install 9.3 into.

2) I successfully installed it on an old Dell (466MHz) as a new install. On the same machine I had previously put in SuSE 9.3, which worked fine, except for it not holding the same screen size with the other machines on my KVM switch. I'm happy to report that 10.0 doesn't need to have the screen size adjusted when switching between it and the other boxes *and* that the mouse is working fine (through a KVM switch).

3) And I gave up on trying to actually fix the update test machine and did a new install - which is just now wrapping up, with mouse support. Now... what to do with a couple of non-test machines that I'd like to update without obliterating everything on the hard drive. If updating means the loss of mouse support.....

Lyle