Re: [tlug] Newbie buying a computer and installing Linux on it

Joseph Essertier wrote:

> Okay.  Thanks, Lyle.  I'm not going to get Windows 98.  W2K sounds
> like a good bet.
>
> Do you have the phone or fax number for Otto?
> Joe

I can't find any of my old receipts for it right now, but on a bag (from
a couple of years ago) it has several numbers:

The website is definitely (I just checked it on-line):
http://www.ottonet.co.jp/

Numbers on the bag:

Tel: 03-5256-3251  Fax: 03-5256-5008

New PC (Shop #1): 03-3256-1118
Used PC (Shop #2): 03-3526-0023

"Usednote Professional Shop":
03-3256-3338

The website is pretty confusing - with several shops listed.  Try
calling the first number above (from the bag) and also the "Used PC"
number - preferably in Japanese.  Although I've met at least one
salesperson there who spoke English, generally it's a Japanese language
shop that isn't trying to be bilingual.  One mono-lingual friend of mine
ended up being disgusted and leaving, but - hey, this is Japan so he
shouldn't have had that attitude!  I put together a map of the area
before.  If I can find it, I'll send it to you off-list.

Lyle