Re: [tlug] Re: Alan Cox's remark at Fosdem

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 19:48:24 +0900, Christopher SEKIYA <wileyc@example.com> wrote:
> (good Lord, you're prolific tonight)
>
> On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 04:49:38PM +0900, Uva Coder wrote:
>
> > currently the Linux camp is in a world of hurt because they don't have
> > clarity.
>
> With that statement in mind, what are your thoughts about this:
<cut text>

That's a rhetorical question, right? I think they don't know what
they're doing or they are playing politics with code or both. Perhaps
it's a new game...bork the kernel. But in this game no one wins.

> Am I just old-fashioned, or are the VM guys smoking crack?  This makes, what,
> the third VM rewrite in two years, right?

There's no replacement for good leadership and planning. They're blown
by the wind.

-uva