RE: [tlug] Hula

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher SEKIYA [mailto:wileyc@example.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 7:11 PM
To: tlug@example.com
Subject: Re: [tlug] Hula

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 06:59:53PM +0900, Erin D. Hughes wrote:

> I would be interested in hearing from any one who has any thoughts
> experience or was able to get it up and running <<especially on Fedora
Core
> 2

You asking about this as a private individual that happens to be into
"groupware", or as someone who has just been tasked with rolling out a
cheapo
"groupware" solution by a clueless salesdroid?

> Erin "I want it rolled all into one nice little package." Hughes

Hmmmm, the latter, I think; I think you're looking for a prepackaged case
study
that you can file the serial numbers off and submit.

Good luck, buddy.
--

-- Chris
	GPG key FEB9DE7F (91AF 4534 4529 4BCC 31A5  938E 023E EEFB FEB9 DE7F)

--
The TLUG server is hosted by Open Source Development Lab Japan.
http://www.osdl.jp/

Thanks Chris your input was unusefull.

Maybe I should have asked the question differently.

Actually my real interest is in the business model.
Novell has been loosing ground left and right and I viewed the opening of
the source of this project as a last gasp to save itself .... but I don't
see what they have to gain... We are good guys we contribute to open
source.... I don't know? I am not buying any Novel products regardless. But
if they make money doing what could happen next?

As far as my groupware preference I understand the fundamental UNIX idea of
a bunch of small programs working together to accomplish one large task.

Great.

What I am looking at this with this product is one scalable solution that
works.

That's it.

Weather it is sendmail qmail or postfix I have used them all and they are
all great there are great IMAP servers as well and Iholla is personally my
favorite web mail client. All these things are great but getting them all to
work well together is not always the easiest thing.

Heck if you run FC and YUM you can pretty much have a sendmail/postfix
dovecot and SquirrelMail set up in a couple of ticks. No calendar and the
interface is well rough to say the least.

If you read some of their ideas on calendaring or mail interface you might
agree  they are not talking anything revolutionary actually the say the want
the web mail to look like googles.......but it sounds as though there is
passion behind the idea to make a better mail system. That is what I want.
Don't you?

All what I want to see is if these pieces that are designed to work together
in HULA will work better than the pieces I have set up already.

If any one else has anything useful to add about the Hula project I would
like to hear them.

Thanks
Erin "Hating the Hatters" Hughes