Re: [tlug] Re: Alan Cox's remark at Fosdem

Dmytro Koval'ov wrote:

>On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 10:51:21 +0900, Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon
><ronfaxon@example.com> wrote:
>

>>It's financial my friend.  I either use Linux (which I *do* like, in
>>spite of not being a programmer), or I don't use anything.  *If* I
>>wanted to buy a Mac I *couldn't*.  It's not an option!  I wish I had the
>>

>C'mon. You can't afford 6 man yen for a mini-Mac?
>
>--Dmytro

In a word, no.  My last computer cost me Y2,000, which is in a whole
different league than Y60,000.  I'm making less money now than I am
spending for rent and food (it was an extravagance for me to have two
beers at the bonen-kai).  In this case, Y60,000 is a lot of money!  I
will either start making more money or I will perish, but spending less
at least prolongs rapidly dwindling recourses.