[tlug] Postscript Problems

Hey Everyone....

I was previously told to use latex to make my postscript files, but
platex has turned out to be a horrible hack for what i am trying to do,
so I am going back to trying to write my own postscript files.

..... anyway here is the problem.
<2138 493d 4c6f 2122 4c29 4b3e 2123 2139> show
These are hex numbers right? I have tried with perl to convert them back
into kanji without any luck

I got the following code from this page ->
http://www.aihara.co.jp/~taiji/tops/index-j.html

%!PS-Adobe-3.0
%%BoundingBox: 50 450 550 600
%%Pages: (atend)
%%EndComments
%%Page: 1 1
%/BousungEG-Light-GB-GB-H
/GBZenKai-Medium-GB-H
findfont 60 scalefont setfont
50 500 moveto

<2138 493d 4c6f 2122 4c29 4b3e 2123 2139> show

showpage
%%Trailer
%%EOF

I thought I would start by working backward and changing these numbers
back to kanji and then once i got it right I could work the other way.

use Unicode::Japanese;
my $s = Unicode::Japanese->new;

my $number  = hex('493d');

my $thing  = chr($number);