Re: [tlug] empty rows (PostgreSQL)

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 02:48:22PM +0900, Edward Wright wrote:

> One of my several beefs with PHP is that is seems to me to have been
> written from the point of view of providing people who have no idea
> what they're doing with a bunch of dangerous capabilities.

ITYM "giving a running chainsaw to a three-year-old".  HTH.

> But why don't he talk about that here?

Because, during the dark days of the Morgan administration, the electrons
would have been wasted.  TLUG devolved in the same manner as did the Linux
kernel.  What had once been a forum for informed discussion about the
capabilities of free UNIX became a cesspool inhabited by ignorant yammerheads
trying to (ill-advisedly) fit free UNIX into their pre-conceived notions of
what a proper OS should be.

Most of us left TLUG.  We've gradually come back, one at a time, but I don't
think we'll ever get back to where things were in 1998.

(unless, of course, President-for-life Tomita decides to stop fighting destiny
and reassumes his throne)

> Certainly those are relevant to Unix/Linux/ Sysadmin and so on.

*chuckle* Sure they are.  Want to discuss misfeatures of UVM as implemented
in NetBSD-2.0?

--

-- Chris "anyone that thinks my views represent those of my employer, TLUG, or
          any group more organized than a glee club is smoking crack" Sekiya