Re: [tlug] Backing up DVDs

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 07:14:45PM +0900, Alessandro Mantelli?HOBIBOX? wrote:

>There are severel progs for windows that compress the video and the audio so
>that you can stuff
>a 8 gb dvd in a 4.7 gb one.

Yes, there are.  I was hoping to do it on Linux, and I don't mind
paying for a proprietary product if that's the best way to go.
I don't want to do it on Windows because, apart from the distaste
of it all, my only DVD writer is in my Linux box.

But, if need be, I'll put a burner in the Windows box and hold my
nose :-)

Jonathan
--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys ACC46EF9
Key fingerprint = E52E 8153 8F37 74AF C04D  0714 364F 540E ACC4 6EF9