[tlug] namazu /apache & Japanese

System:

PHP Version 4.3.2 (mbstring enabled)
Namazu  v2.0.10
Linux  2.4.20-8
 Apache/2.0.48

Hi All
I`m running mknmz & have got namazu running

I run
mknmz -k -L=ja -O /xxx/index --indexing-lang=ja
--replace='s#/xx/#http://test.co.jp/#' ./cdocs/

I`ve a couple of problems
1. When I display Japanese Page for namazu
   I need to always set in Netscape/Explorer
     EUC-JP

   (The Apache default Japanese page has no problem
     httpd.conf is set to DefaultLanguage ja_JP)
    )

2. But when I enter
    a. Japanese into "search"
      nothing found
    b. English into "search
       it is ok

Been looking into this for the pass few days &
still none the wiser

any suggestions or pagaes that may help me

thank