Re: [tlug] spammers

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 02:10:42PM +0100, Godwin Stewart wrote:

>What's to say that it isn't a joe-job?

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=oshirase.biz&btnG=Google+Search&meta=group%3Dnews.admin.net-abuse.*

They seem popular :-p

>This said, nothing from a .biz domain gets in here. That GTLD might as well
>be renamed .spam and it would be far more truthful.

That pretty much covers it.  You are, as I am also, in a good position
to know a lot about the .biz TLD, and I can state that a number far
in excess of 90% of mail coming from .biz is spam.  Really, unless
you need to be careful about false positives, there's little reason to
not classify all .biz mail as spam on that basis alone.

Jonathan
--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys ACC46EF9
Key fingerprint = E52E 8153 8F37 74AF C04D  0714 364F 540E ACC4 6EF9