Re: [tlug] SUN servers conole on Linux serial port

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 10:54:00 +0900
Thomas Savarimuthu <viswas_thomas@example.com> wrote:

> I have a sun server whos console is connected to a serial port of a
> linux server  to access it remotely using minicom. Its quiet handy and
> works fine until i restart the linux server. i.e, when i restart the
> linux server, sun servers sense a suspend (break) signal (similar to
> the stop-A in sun keyboard) and goes to "ok" prompt.  I think when
> linux shuts down or loading serial driver during boot, it sends a break
> singal to the serial port.
>
> How can i skip this problem? Any suggestions?

if running Solaris 2.6 with serial drives contained in
patch 105925-10 and above, or Solaris 8 and above, you can
also try setting this in /etc/system:

      KEYBOARD_ABORT=alternate

this will change the break sequence to CR ~ CTRL+B