[tlug] Re: Fwd: Re: Suse blues-progress?

paul arenson wrote:

> arenson@example.com:~> strace -econnect cannastat
> connect(3, {sa_family=AF_UNIX, path="/tmp/.iroha_unix/IROHA"}, 24) = 0
> connect(4, {sa_family=AF_UNIX, path="/var/run/.nscd_socket"}, 110) = 0
> connect(3, {sa_family=AF_UNIX, path="/tmp/.iroha_unix/IROHA"}, 24) = 0
> connect(3, {sa_family=AF_UNIX, path="/tmp/.iroha_unix/IROHA"}, 24) = 0
> Error Disconnected
> arenson@example.com:~>

This is weird.  The connect to the socket works just fine, so it does
'talk' to the cannaserver, but still says "Error Disconnected".
I am unable to get my cannaserver into a state where it does this.

My guess is that something in the early handshake between client and
server fails.

To get more info I'd suggest the following:

Open Konsole.
Use su to get root (Enter su in Konsole, hit return, enter root
password, hit return).
Use "cannakill" to stop the running cannaserver.
Use "/usr/sbin/cannaserver -d -u wnn" to start cannaserver in debug mode.
Open another Konsole.
Run "strace -econnect cannastat".
(Should be the same as above, but lets expect the worst for now)
Have a look at the debug output in the Konsole running cannaserver.

This is what I get:
|辞書ホームディレクトリィ = /var/lib/canna/dic
|My name is melchior
|今からソケットを作る
|ファイル名:[/tmp/.iroha_unix/IROHA]
|UNIXドメインはできた
|ソケットの準備はできた
|
|select()で待ちを開始
|select() returned 1
|クライアントとの接続に成功, fd=4
|
|select()で待ちを開始
|select() returned 1
|EUCプロトコルのリクエストを解析, 長さ=18
|Client: <@> [1]
|Now Call ir_initialize
|セッションを開く
|UserName:[ranma]
|client:hi[3],lo[3]
|server:hi[3],lo[3]
|PROTOCOL.Version[3:3]
|辞書ホームディレクトリィ:user/ranma:canna
|セッションの開始に成功
|
|select()で待ちを開始
|select() returned 1
|クライアントへの返信が完了, fd=4
|
|select()で待ちを開始
|select() returned 1
|ワイドプロトコルのリクエストを解析, 長さ=16
|Client: <ranma@example.com(UNIX)> [0x22:0x0]
|Now Call irw_notice_group_name
|group name = "users"
|辞書ホームディレクトリィ:user/ranma:group/users:canna
|
|select()で待ちを開始
|select() returned 1
|クライアントへの返信が完了, fd=4
|
|select()で待ちを開始
|select() returned 1
|ワイドプロトコルのリクエストを解析, 長さ=4
|Client: <ranma@example.com(UNIX)> [0x1:0x1]
|Now Call GetServerInfo
|
|select()で待ちを開始
|select() returned 1
|クライアントへの返信が完了, fd=4
|
|select()で待ちを開始
|select() returned 1
|ワイドプロトコルのリクエストを解析, 長さ=4
|Client: <ranma@example.com(UNIX)> [0x2:0x0]
|Now Call irw_finalize
|セッションを閉じる
|
|select()で待ちを開始
|select() returned 1
|クライアントへの返信が完了, fd=4
|クライアントとの接続を切る, fd=4
|
|select()で待ちを開始
|select() returned 0
|EventMgr_run(): select: all sync start
|
|select()で待ちを開始
|select() returned 0
|
|select()で待ちを開始
|select() returned 0

I also have a file called "/etc/hosts.canna" containing the single line
"unix", but even if I remove it or change it to foo, my cannaserver
still works just fine.

--
Tobias						PGP: http://9ac7e0bc.2ya.com
Be vigilant!