[tlug] NTT b-flex is slow!

advice please,

My firewall (IPcop) is running on an old P120MHz. Fujitsu FM-V Desk power SE,
I did a speed check @ www.bspeedtest.jp and my results were shocking I was
getting 2.9Kbps! wtf....  I know that I'm not going to get 100Mbps
but....2.9kbps... no way! I talked to one of my buddies and he said it could
be my firewall.. so before I start building a faster box.. what could cause
this problem..  my setup is  as follows:

-->internet (b-flex fiber)--> IPcop--->5 port hub-->4 boxes=>cable to next
2nd.hub=> 4 more boxes.

all are not running at the same time.. this the part that bothers me. I could
understand if they all were running.. but they're not! help

Gavin