Re: [tlug] NTT b-flex is slow!

On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 07:14:14PM +0900, gavin wrote:

>I did a speed check @ www.bspeedtest.jp and my results were shocking I was
>getting 2.9Kbps! wtf....  I know that I'm not going to get 100Mbps

Question one: Was this measured from your firewall or from one of the
workstations connected to the hub?  If it was not measured from your
firewall, please run the test again from there and see what you get.

If it's fast from the firewall box but not from the machines behind
it, then you know it's something on your internal network.

If it's slow from everywhere, then it could be either your firewall
box or a problem outside.

Please check your logs on the firewall box for anything that looks odd.
If you find anything that might be related, post some log snippets
here.

Also, does everything seem that slow, or was the speed test particularly
bad?  Do  you see speeds like that on FTP or HTTP downloads, for example?
If you run any streaming media, VoIP, etc, is the quality very poor or does
it seem OK?

Jonathan
--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys ACC46EF9
Key fingerprint = E52E 8153 8F37 74AF C04D  0714 364F 540E ACC4 6EF9