[tlug] GettingPastThings(2)

Pursuant to my earlier e-mail about getting around a stuck start up
process - setting the BIOS to ignore the on-board sound chip seems to
have solved the problem (confirmed after full install #3).  Now there's
no sound, but I guess it's probably best to just buy a sound board
rather than try to get the correct driver for the d*** on-board sound
chip.  What's with Dell and their sound chips anyway?  I've had problems
with them before....