[tlug] TLUG History

On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 12:51:23AM -0800, Jonathan Byrne wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 01:12:14PM +0900, Norman Diamond wrote:
> This brings up something we should consider.  None of the founders
> of TLUG are with us anymore.  Some of the people who were at the install

I'm still here.  In June, 1994, I created the Linux PARTI
conference on TWICS that grew into the gang that met for lunch
and talked about Linux known as TLUG.  (In fact, just this
weekend I came across a listing(!) of my software that did
bi-directional PARTI<>SOUP gatewaying.)  The 'Unix' guys were
glad to get us out of their conference.  When we finally got
a real mailing list instead of just the PARTI conference we
grew noticeably faster.  I'll have to see if I still have any
of our PARTI archives in machine readable form.

I think two more of the people that attended the first physical
meeting are still in Tokyo, but I've not seen them at a TLUG
meeting for a while.

We're coming up on our 10th birthday... in June if you go by
when I started the PARTI conference, or September if you go by
our first meat-space meeting.  (The "Past Meetings" section of
the website is a pretty good source of our early history.)

--
Jim Tittsler                                         GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/