Re: [tlug] TLUG History

On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 06:58:55PM +0900, Jim Tittsler wrote:

>I'm still here.  In June, 1994, I created the Linux PARTI

Wow, I didn't realize you were one of the founders. Sorry about that,
Jim!

>grew noticeably faster.  I'll have to see if I still have any
>of our PARTI archives in machine readable form.

If you do, by all means let's put that into a TLUG history archive,
and maybe your gateway code too, if you're willing.

>I think two more of the people that attended the first physical
>meeting are still in Tokyo, but I've not seen them at a TLUG
>meeting for a while.

Maybe they can come out for a TLUG 10th anniversary bash or something.
Sadly, I would not be able to get over to Japan for it, but I'll
be there in spirit.

>We're coming up on our 10th birthday... in June if you go by
>when I started the PARTI conference, or September if you go by

I would go by June, I think, since TLUG has always been as much of a
virtual organization as a meatspace one.

>our first meat-space meeting.  (The "Past Meetings" section of
>the website is a pretty good source of our early history.)

Wow, Green Frog Linux!  What a blast from the past!  Hey Austin,
are you still lurking out there?

OK, everybody bring out your favorite historical TLUG stories :-)

Jonathan
--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys ACC46EF9
Key fingerprint = E52E 8153 8F37 74AF C04D  0714 364F 540E ACC4 6EF9