Re: [tlug] Virus scanners on Linux

On 火, 2003-10-28 at 00:06, Sanjay Chigurupati wrote:
> Hi,
> What are the popular /good antivirus solutions on Linux for
> desktops/servers?
>
> I have looked at the web and found clamav, sophos and command, but I am not
> sure how they are and would like to hear users experiences before deciding.

We use MailScanner with McAfee virus scan on our mail server here. It
works very well. Virus definition updates come out daily and promptly.
During the recent Sobig and Swen virus storm, not a single infected
message got through, even on the first day. The updated virus definition
was automatically downloaded at about 4 a.m., and the first infected
email was intercepted about 4 hours later.

I have been very pleased with it, but I have to admit that my choice of
the product was determined by the simple fact that the university has a
no-cost site license.
--
Stuart Luppescu -=- s-luppescu .at. uchicago.edu
University of Chicago -=- CCSR