[tlug] swan

I don't know about you people, but I started getting more than 20 copies a
day of the "Microsoft update" in various forms. And the amount seems to be
doubling every day, today it was just 2 megs.
Spam filtering was long due anyway, though one message a day was bearable.
But now that Billy has started it too, it was time to act.

The spamassassin integration in sylpheed-claws didn't satisfy me, it was
somewhat slow and spam still showed up as new email. Unwanted stuff needs
to be stopped at the front door.

I have read various ways to integrate spamassassin into exim, but the
following method seemed to be the most efficient.

So this is what I did on my debian system:
apt-get install exim4-daemon-light spamassassin

Install sa-exim from here
 http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/files/debian/
Edit /etc/exim4/sa-exim.conf

Spamassassin configuration follows:
/etc/default/spamassassin:
# /etc/default/spamd.conf
ENABLED=1
OPTIONS="-m 15 -d -u nobody"

/etc/spamassassin/local.cf:
use_terse_report	1
always_add_report	1
rewrite_subject		0
report_safe		0
score	MICROSOFT_EXECUTABLE 15

This last line does the trick for SWAN, mail with .exe attachments will be
rejected along with other spam.

Thought I might share in case someone needs a similar solution.