[tlug] a re-introduction

Hello all!

Some of you might remember me from a few years ago, back when I was
semi-regular on the list and at meetings in Tokyo, and ended up
gathering quite a few old keyboards, t-shirts, and Sparcstations thanks
to all of you.

I ended up tiring of the consistency of work as a DBA/Programmer and,
much as I loved living in Tsukuba, headed off back to the US (and
eventually through the Europe) to get an M.S. (soon to me a Ph.D.) to
head towards a job that better -- or, at least, more specifically -- fit
my interests.  I left for school in 1999, so it really didn't seem
_that_ off-the-wall at the time to assume that I'd have no problem
getting back into employment in Japan.  Tee-hee.

(For those who are interested, I'm working now in mutilingual speech
synthesis; but I'm specificially interested in research or development
project which integrates language and computing; from i18n/l10 all the
way on up to machine translation complex parsing for input methods.
Obviously, I'm especially intererested in Japanese, due to the all the
fun complexity and ambiguity the mix of scripts generates).

Anyways, I've decided it's time to just sit back (or forward) in my
chair, and try to re-integrate with the community.  Yes, it was a few
years back, but I remember great fun and certainly sharing of useful
information, news, and troubleshooting-assistance all around.  So I'm
happy to be back, in sprit if not yet in person.  So, 'hello again' to
anyone who remembers me, and 'nice to meet you' to anyone who doesn't.
:)

--craig
(colinsky@example.com)