[tlug] emacs cc-mode

I'd like to have emacs to remove spaces and change them to tabs insted
when indenting (either a region or just a line with TAB). cperl-mode has
an option like this called "fix whitespace on ident".
What I'd like to have is to tie the fixup-whitespace command to indenting
in c mode. (Btw my emacs loads cc-mode when editing C files.)

Unfortunately my lisp skills are limited to cut&paste so I have no idea
how to hack my .emacs to achieve this.

tia.