[tlug] kinput2 with Mozilla and Open Office Org

I've upgraded from Mandrake 9.0 to Mandrake 9.1 and have now lost my
Japanese IME typing capability in Mozilla and Xterm.

The TLUG site only covers up to Mandrake 8 so I have followed the
instructions in "Japanese in KDE under Mandrake 9.1" to be found at
http://www.math.wisc.edu/~stefanss/japanese/
<http://www.math.wisc.edu/%7Estefanss/japanese/> but I cannot get
Japanese typed in Mozilla.  Also, frustratingly Open Office Org will
accept Japanese input but the menus are displayed in Japanese when I
would like them to be in english.

My systems is set up as follows:

KDE Control Center / International is set to Default Language C and my
.i18n file looks like this (This worked on MDK9.0!):

C_CTYPE=ja
LANGUAGE=C
LC_MONETARY=en_GB
LC_COLLATE=en_GB
LC_NUMERIC=en_GB
LC_TIME=en_GB
LANG=ja_JP
LC_MESSAGES=en_GB
XIM_PROGRAM=kinput2
XMODIFIERS="@example.com=kinput2"

Does anyone have any idea on how to get:

1. Mozilla 1.4 (Mail and Composer) to accept kinput2 Japanese IME?

2. Get Open Office Org to  display english menus without loosing
Japanese IME input?

Thanks,

Dan