Re: [tlug] New in Tokyo: Meeting Regularity, Zaurus CL-700 & Jobs

On Monday 07 April 2003 08:16, Neil Bortnak wrote:

> Is there much in the way of opportunities for a high-end Linux guy in
> Japan who can't speak much Japanese (yet)?

While there are doubtless some exceptions, the general rule is that
business-level Japanese or something close to it is a prerequisite for any
job other than English teaching.  That's probably doubly true in the present
difficult economy, since employers can demand more for less.

> Is it proper to post a resume
> here in case someone knows of something?

No, but it's proper to say you are looking and either:

A) Post the URL of your resume;
B) Ask that people contact you off-list for your resume.

Cheers,

Jonathan
--
Jonathan Q
GPG key ID: ACC46EF9 (E52E 8153 8F37 74AF C04D  0714 364F 540E ACC4 6EF9)