Re: [tlug] Draft: Quickie Guide to GPG

On Mon, 2 Sep 2002 03:28:13 +0900, Jonathan Q <jq@example.com> squashed
this out of the keyboard:

> I could duck and say that's supposed to inspire you to read the
> GPG manual :-)

You could :)

Your QND coincided with an intense feeling of "enough is enough" on my
behalf, and my decision to end a long-term relationship with Red Hat.

I installed Slackware 8.1, and as I was just saying to Scott off-list, I
never could get GPGME to work with Sylpheed in RH. I compiled it with the
required options in Slack and it worked straight away. Then I saw your QND
and decided to put it to good use.

It really was a (fortunate) coincidence that your posting should turn up at
that precise moment :)

> In the meantime, see the GPG manual, it's really quite good and
> easy to understand.

Will do.

> For the very new and/or very lazy, all they have to do to get my public
> key is cut and paste the second line into a shell :-)

How do you think I pulled your public key off the server? :)

--
  G. Stewart   --   gstewart@example.com
                    gstewart@example.com
 GnuPG Public Key: BA3D01C6 at pgp.mit.edu
Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying
in hospitals dying of nothing.