[tlug] Multilanguage environment and encodings

Hi,
i see a lot of people in the TLUG from non-english speaking
countries. How you deal with multilanguages situation?

Questions:
1. fonts - if I config Sylpheed with japanese fonts, i cannot
   read bulgarian (cp1251 encoding) and reverse. Is the UTF-8
   the only solution? But I recieve emails with mixed encodings
   so can for example iconv be used to convert them to the
   common encoding (maybe some procmail recipe?) And how to
   enter texts? UTF-8 editor (xemacs? something else?) and
   iconv to cp1251 or jp?
2. Can somebody explain me (or give me some points to start
   with) japanese encodings - there is EUC, ShiftJIS,
   ISO-2022-JP. Is the last one only for emails (something like
   uuencode but for japanese)? Which is better to use EUC or
   ShiftJIS?
3. kanji server - freewnn vs canna - witch is better solution

P.S: just a suggestion for people who sign their email with
PGP - can you give some link (or keyserver ID) in addition to your
fingerprints so I can import your public keys - in the moment checking
signatures is impossible.

P.S 2: Before two days there was some problems with mailing list.
That time I posted announce about TLUG wiki (http://www.openbg.net/tlug/).
Still no response or opinion. Is it something useful for TLUGers or just
to stop it and not lose time with it?

--
________  Stoyan Zhekov <sto [AT] zhware [DOT] net>  ________
fpr:        2A61 58D0 A69C FF68 4785 A0A3 89DE AEC0 3CA6 41A8