Re: [tlug] vi and Japanese

On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 04:31:03AM +0900, Norman Diamond wrote:

> Yes, but it isn't necessary any more.  Plain vim (and gvim) support Japanese
> now, since version 6.

That's good to know. I just tried this out with both vim and gvim
started from a kterm with LANG=ja_JP ... there is evidence of Japanese
support in both versions (in console vim, the initial welcome screen is
in Japanese, and gvim comes up with a Japanese menu), and kinput2 seems
to work properly ... but the resulting text is blank in console vim, and
mojibake in gvim. Any idea why? Might it be my font settings?

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, Colorado, USA