Re: [tlug] OT (sort of): Free Sun Solaris 9 on DVD...

Matt Doughty (mdoughty@example.com) wrote:

> I think you got solaris and NetBSD mixed up. ;)

Well, yeah, if your hardware is diverse enough, but if you have
that much hardware diversity in your IT operation, you have problems
bigger than choosing which OS to run :-)

We used to have Irix, Sparc Solaris, Intel Solaris, OpenBSD,
FreeBSD, BSDI, and Linux all in service at the same time.
Eradicating that level of diversity and standardizing on
FreeBSD and Linux has made life a lot easier.

Jonathan