Re: [tlug] OT (sort of): Free Sun Solaris 9 on DVD...

On Wed, 29 May 2002, Nguyen Hung Vu wrote:
[snip]
> > >   http://see.sun.com/cgi-bin/gx.cgi/mcp?q=STNdTTEqcdpGc
[snip]
> Hi Jack,
>
> I could not connect to that page!
> Netscape 4.78.
>
> Hung vu

Interesting,  I can still access the page just fine.  I wonder if they are
limiting access to typical US only top level domains...  weird.

Regardless, after looking at the form more closely, it's an offer for
Solaris 9 for Sparc or Solaris 8 for Intel.  I seem to remember hearing
that Solaris 9 would be Sparc-only platform.  Which is unfortunate.  I
think that many people want to use Solaris on their x86 boxes.  Oh well...

--
Marc C.
http://www.mecworks.com