Re: [tlug] And they said it was Free?

On Wed, 2002-04-03 at 12:27, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> The position of the free software purists
> is that you should have access to source if you have a copy of the
> executable.

Thanks for the clarification.

> I am, and I think most right-thinking hackers[1] are, all for projects
> like Mandrake accepting money from people like you who don't care if
> you ever see source (but I predict you will), in return for providing
> you with goodies that you demand but the hacker community doesn't
> emphasize---and the source, to boot.

I would have hoped so, and am glad to hear it. It is simply a matter of
balance and fairness, principles that should be understood by all
"right-thinkers."

Chuck

--

Charles Muller
Toyo Gakuen University

Digital Dictionary of Buddhism and CJK-English Dictionary
www.acmuller.net