Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] can't post to Mandrake expert.
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [tlug] can't post to Mandrake expert.
- From: Gavin <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 12:22:46 +0900
- Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit
- Content-type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
- In-reply-to: <20020328131020.GA4184firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Organization: Gavin's English School
- References: <email@example.com> <20020328131020.GA4184firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: email@example.com
TLUG, Thanks for your help with my mail problem, If your reading this mail, it means that I have re-set my MTA and it working. One more question, I'm using Postfix and for sending mail, I'm set my MTA to sendmail. ok when I do a sendmail -bp I see one message stuck in the mail que, but all other mail has gone out that was stuck there before. here is a copy! 002D910704 538 Sat Mar 30 00:50:11 Gavin@example.com (Name service error for linux-mandrake.com: Host not found, try again) firstname.lastname@example.org This has been there for the last 3 days! how do I trash it! and clear the que?? Gavin On Thursday 28 March 2002 22:10, Jack Morgan wrote: > On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 10:48:49PM +0900, Gavin wrote: > > I'm using Mandrake 8.0 and for the last few months I've been posting to > > the expert users group and so far I've seen none of my posts, also many > > of my friends have informed me that they have mailed me and I have not > > received anything.. It's driving me mad!!Does anyone have any ideas why > > this is happening?? help > > You need to give us a little more information. Just from what you told us, > my advice would be to ditch Mandrake :-) > > Possibilities include: > > --MTA (aka mail server) is mis-configured > > --Your domain is "blacklisted" (eg was used to send spam) and the Mandrake > MTA is dropping you mail > > I suggest looking in your mail que from mail that hasn't been delivered, > which means your mail client dropped off your mail to your MTA and your MTA > hasn't sent your mail off your PC. If your MTA is sendmail try: sendmail > -bp > Also, try sending mail to yourself from a hotmail account. If that returns > to you, have a look at the headers which should say why it was returned to > you, or post them here. > > Hope this helps,
- Re: [tlug] can't post to Mandrake expert.
- From: Godwin Stewart
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] can't post to Mandrake expert.
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] can't post to Mandrake expert.
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] can't post to Mandrake expert.
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] can't post to Mandrake expert.
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links