Re: [tlug] !!!OT!!! raw cd copy

>>>>> "jb" == Jonathan Q <jq@example.com> writes:

    jb> A default install that is pretty secure but which will do the
    jb> things the user expects,

Oxymoron.

    jb> and can keep itself uptodate with little or no user
    jb> intervention.

I'm with Chris on this, I suspect.  It's bad enough to be using binary
packages (but I see no alternative for the Playstation crowd).  This
is another (probably inevitable) step in the wrong direction.

    jb> Windows Update is a good step in that direction,

Hey, it would be easy enough to have that on a Debian system.

0 0     * * *   root    apt-get update && apt-get upgrade

However, given that I run the `sid' distribution (so nicknamed for
good reason), I don't.  ;-)