[tlug] Re: epcEditor

Jim Breen <jwb@example.com> writes:

> (a) how is it for IME issues? I particularly ask this because it it
> clearly makes a lot of use of Tcl/Tk, which has a lot of problems
> with IME engagement (I should say it's not actually Tcl/Tk's problem,
> but more the problem of POSIX locales, which they have implemented to
> the letter.) If I have to switch to a totally Japanese locale to be able
> to run it with an IME, I won't pursue it.

LC_CTYPE=ja_JP is enough to enable Japanese input in Tcl/Tk.  That's
no different from all other programs supporting XIM.  You don't need
to switch to a totally Japanese locale.  You can set all other LC_
variables, and LANG and LANGUAGE to something else.

--
Mike Fabian   <mfabian@example.com>   http://www.suse.de/~mfabian
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。