Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] broken cron?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [tlug] broken cron?
- From: Sven Simon <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 12:45:33 +0900
- Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit
- Content-type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed
- References: <3C9CA9CA.email@example.com> <20020324025700.GF26635@example.com>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:0.9.9) Gecko/20020311
Christopher SEKIYA wrote: >On Sun, Mar 24, 2002 at 01:14:02AM +0900, Sven Simon wrote: > >>Mar 24 00:55:00 [nodename] /usr/sbin/cron: (root) CMD >>(root^I/usr/libexec/atrun) >> > >... which expands to "root<TAB>/usr/libexec/atrun". FreeBSD didn't adopt the >/etc/cron.d silliness, did it? > >-- Chris > GPG key FEB9DE7F (91AF 4534 4529 4BCC 31A5 938E 023E EEFB FEB9 DE7F) > Nope, the master's at /etc/crontab which is copied over to /var/cron/tabs/root by running crontab -u root /etc/crontab. The line in question in /etc/crontab looks like this: #minute hour mday month wday who command # */5 * * * * root /usr/libexec/atrun Now, from syslog I can tell it copies the username to the command line as well. So, no wonder it can't find root, it's not a command! Any ideas as to how it is supposed to run normally? Sven
- Re: [tlug] broken cron?
- From: Tod McQuillin
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: [tlug] *snicker*
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] broken cron?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] broken cron?
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] broken cron?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links