Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[tlug] Linux & NT domains
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: [tlug] Linux & NT domains
- From: Darren Cook <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 12:00:48 +0900
- Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit
- Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"
We've a linux-samba file server set-up (*), an old NT4 file server, and an NT4 domain server. I want to be able to move the old NT4 files over to the new file server but: a) use user information in the NT4 domain; not have to create lots of user accounts on the linux machine (i.e. same information in two places == maitenance problem). b) preserve current ownership and permissions. Are both these things possible? If so, what parts of the samba documentation should I be looking at? Or what are the keywords I should be searching on? Darren *: Thanks for the appletalk help a while back - it seems to work :-).
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] 7.1for windows (Mandrake) as a Gateway
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Linux & NT domains
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Sawfish Window Placement (was RH7.2)
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Linux & NT domains
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links