Re: [tlug] Sawfish Window Placement (was RH7.2)

On Sat, Mar 09, 2002 at 11:16:55AM +1100, Jim Breen wrote:
> [Andy Hunne (Re: [tlug] RH7.2) writes:]
> >> I use the Sawfish window manager with Gnome and there is an option to
> >> get it to remember window placement and size which works fine on a
> >> reboot.
>
> I havew tried that. Only the kterm which was active at the time of the
> reboot stays in its place. The rest stack up in the corner as before.

Have you experimented with some of the Sawfish placement
schemes? (From the Sawfish control panel applet, Method of
placing windows:... it sounds like you may prefer "best fit" or
"first fit or interactive".)

If there is something you can make unique about each of the
terms (do they get titled? do you use uniquify-window-name?),
you can use Sawfish's Matched Windows feature to put each in a
specific place.

--
Jim Tittsler                                         GPG: 0x01159DB6
Kanto Computer Calendar  http://www.OnJapan.net/calendar/