Re: [tlug] CD Writers

On 月, 2002-03-04 at 10:08, Shimpei Yamashita wrote:

> This one disables paging for a block of memory.

> And this one lowers a process's priority.  For understandable reasons,
> both of these system calls require root access.  It has nothing to do with
> file permissions.  cdrecord may be using other privileged calls, too.

Yup. That's what I thought. So, the instructions on the gcombust page
(http://www.abo.fi/~jmunsin/gcombust/FAQ.shtml) about getting it to work
as a regular user ("gcombust shouldn't be ran as root") are ...
irrelevant? contradictory? misleading? The only alternative is to make
cdrecord setgid and give the group executable rights, I guess.
--
Stuart Luppescu -=- s-luppescu@example.com
University of Chicago -=- CCSR