Re: [tlug] networking

What type of  internet connection?
If you've got ISDN or dialup, I'd recommend setting it up with FreeSCO.
If it's ADSL (PPPoE), try the IPCop firewall distro, or a full distro with forwarding enabled.
I'm about to make the switch from ISDN to ADSL, and I'm really going to miss FreeSCO - It's a single-floppy distro, with a lot of great features, though I'll probably set up the gateway box to have a few more stuff, such as a web server or some Samba shares.
For simple connection sharing using a very old box though, freesco cannot be beat...
Cheers,
Jim