Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Java
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Java
- From: Jake Morrison <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 00:16:37 -0800 (PST)
- Content-type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
- In-reply-to: <20020131165756.B9068@example.com>
- Reply-to: Jacob.Morrison@example.com
Ray, I will give you the real headstart: after you get the JDK installed, download jython (http://www.jython.org/). Jython is an implementation of Python (http://www.python.org/) on the Java JVM. The cool kids are using it to develop Java applications faster :-) Jake --- "Kentaro A. Kurahone" <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote: > On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 03:53:14PM +0800, Mancy, Raymond wrote: > > I am an absolute raw newbie to Java, but am wanting to learn and > practice it > > on my Linux box. What are the good compilers out there for java on > linux? > Uhhhhhh. > > http://java.sun.com (Yes, i'm not going to point you straight to the > download. It only takes ~3 mins to find.) > > > (does it even need a compiler?, I will obviously look into this > more, but > > just thought I would quickly throw this out there). > You really are new to this sort of thing aren't you..... > > > I will be studying it at Uni when I start, So I thought I would > like to get > > a headstart on it and use it on my linux machine. > > -- > Kentaro A. Kurahone > SIGUSR1 Research and Development > Hail Eris! All Hail Discordia! > "Yesterday's truth left yesterday, When hellfire froze right over." > > ATTACHMENT part 2 application/pgp-signature __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Great stuff seeking new owners in Yahoo! Auctions! http://auctions.yahoo.com
- Re: [tlug] Java
- From: Kentaro A. Kurahone
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Java
- Next by Date: [tlug] how to use rsh?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Java
- Next by thread: [tlug] how to use rsh?
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links