Re: [tlug] iodata

On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 08:40:06PM +0900, Shimpei Yamashita wrote:

> Can you offer a non-theological (i.e. "it is UNNATURAL and therefore EVIL!!")
> argument as to why ATA->SCSI converter is a bad idea?

* The ATA<->SCSI translater card doesn't do a very good job of translation.
  You can't boot a sparc or an alpha from the drive, which is a good sign
  that things are wrong,
* The drives themselves are of ultra-low quality.  The ones that I've torn
  apart have been Samsung, and none have survived six months of use.

-- Chris