Re: How to use samba mangled japanese filenames as CLI args?

>From: Tobias Diedrich <ranma@example.com>
>
>You should have these options set in your smb.conf (section global):
>
>    client code page = 932
>    coding system = euc

Yup. Have these. Tried others too but no help.

>Samba will then translate the Filenames from SHIFT_JIS charset to the
>EUC charset used in *nix systems.

True, but the EUC charset doesn't seem to display well on my VT's. In case
it wasn't clear I don't use X-windows, I either log in at the machine itself
on a VT or telnet in. When I do an ls the files usually show up as a bunch
of ???? and other chars. An ls --show-control-character (I think that's the
option) makes the files list as a bunch of strange EUC chars.

>I once did ls to a file, removed all but the directory name I wanted to
>change into and then did cd "`cat file`"
>But maybe theres an easier way to do that...

I sure hope there is ^_^ I have a *lot* of files to manage.

Jc