Re: restoring text mode after x server crash

On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 01:16:42AM +0200, Tobias Diedrich wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> does someone here know a way to restore the text mode if the x server
> crashed and did not manage to switch back to text mode before getting
> killed ?

If I understand correctly what you want then try:

# kbd_mode -a

Never had to use it in the last two years or so.

> This seems to happen a lot with the nv driver since apt-get updated
> to xfree-4.1. ... *sigh*

Have you tried using the NVidia driver from their web site?

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=linux

Tom.
--
Thomas O'Dowd. - Nooping - http://nooper.com