Re: Offtopic, inappropriate jokes?

Just to throw in my two Yen.

I used to read this list, but left when it became yet another 'flame MS' forum.
Boring. Heard it before. 'What the hell', I thought, 'it's been a while and I
need some advice, so give I'll it another try'. Asked a question, got some good
answers. Great. Then my inbox filled up with the standard comments that the
Linux community is becoming unnecessarily famous for. Boring again! Amazing!

Chris, et al - Why don't you just create another list for those sheltered souls
who don't understand economics? Those people who just want to thrash around at
the state of the world, and froth at the mouth over a corporation doing what
corporations have always done and will always *do*, crap on the opposition to
make money. Bill Gates isn't evil. He's a capitalist. Certain people may think
that means he's evil. They are naive.

As an aside, the best filter system I've seen is on photo.net. When they kick an
idiot, the idiot isn't told. So, s/he continues to post comments and rant and
rave and attempt to annoy people, but only *s/he* gets to see those postings.
Apparently sometimes they ramble on for months without noticing...

Gavin

Internet
msdavid@example.com - 06/08/2001 08:58 AM

Please respond to tlug@example.com