From: msdavid [mailto:msdavid@example.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 11:27 PM
To: tlug@example.com
Subject: Re: Offtopic, inappropriate jokes?

A tyrant is the worst disease and the cause of all others.

" Abuse of authority shall cease because there will be a system of
accountability as never before. Jesus himself shall remove those that resist
being accountable from the functions of service.

Members will have the ability to appeal to a higher authority when they feel
they have a legitimate complaint, when principles are not being
administered.

Members will have opportunity to have their just say without fear of
reprisal
from the leadership or its members.

If the complaint is of a personal nature, the matter will stay personal. If
the
matter is of a public or open yet corporate nature, the matter will be
handled
in a public/corporate setting for a verdict.

No longer will leaders be able to slaughter a member to his fellow members
without fear of being called into account for his actions.

The community will come to action when the comunity has its act together.
Once
there is a trust restored in spiritual leadership, there will be a corporate
following from the community as a whole.

Hope will be restored through those who are called to lead by example rather
than by word of mouth. "

Moral authority is never retained by any attempt to hold on to it. It comes
without seeking and is retained without effort.

MSDavid.

Christopher SEKIYA wrote:

> (Uva, Tod: did I hand listmaster duties over yet?  If not, who wants it?)
>
> On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 01:25:26PM +0900, msdavid wrote:
>
> > Jokes, General Conversation (hopefully linux related :-)
>
> Looks like we need to update the tlug-main charter.
>
> As listmaster (albeit temporary), I declare these jokes to be off-topic.
>
> Cease and desist,
>
> -- Chris
>         "The only box we've ever had owned was running OpenBSD." -- J.
Byrne