Apache rotate log config option is where?

My apache server is being shutdown and brought back up once a week. I think
this has to do with log rotation. However it is causing problems.

It seems some of the httpd spawns are not diying off properly, become
zombies and keep an open connection to the machine that was in the process
of doing an HTTP request. This causes the machine at the other end to hang
and become incredibly slow and unresponsive. Furthermore it seems to be
clogging up my network bandwith ... don't know why this would but it's a
definite symptom.

How can I configure this weekly rebooting of the apache server?

Jc