From: Takeshi Hakamata [mailto:tkh@example.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2001 11:17 AM
To: 'tlug@example.com'
Subject: RE: Linux and ADSL

Seems like ADSL services in Japan is better than in the US.
Currently, I pay $30/mo for Qwest(phone company) and $17/mo
for ISP. Bandwidth is 256K-640K down and 227K upstream, but
the actual download speed is around 40KB/sec. There is no
ISPs around here in NM which provide static IPs. Too bad.

Takeshi

On Thu, 24 May 2001, Scott Stone wrote:

> do you guys get static IPs on DSL in Japan?  You have to pay extra for
them
> here... currently PacBell will give you NO statics for $50/mo, or 5
statics
> for $65/mo.. but you still have to pay about $180/mo to get more than 128k
> upstream.  bah.

> Scott M. Stone <sstone@example.com>
> Senior Technical Consultant - UNIX and Networking
> Taos, the Sysadmin Company - Santa Clara, CA

Next Technical Meeting:  Sat, May 12 13:30-
Next Nomikai Meeting:    Fri, June (TBA) 19:30- Tengu Tokyo Eki Mae