From: Sven Simon [mailto:sven@example.com]
Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2001 8:06 PM
To: tlug@example.com
Subject: Basic security on 2611

I actually managed to get the cisco 2611 hooked to the T1 line and to do
its job at the ISP yesterday. Now for some basic security issues...

I did a "ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 serial0/0"
What would be the correct format to only allow packets with an IP from the
local LAN thru, in order to prevent spoofing? Is it source destination or
rather source netmask or do we use /24 netmask style?

Further, I came across a mail in a newsgroup saying the cisco's vulnerable
on the syslog UDP port 514, anybody know about this?

SVEN

Next Technical Meeting:  Sat, May 12 13:30-
Next Nomikai Meeting:    Fri, June (TBA) 19:30- Tengu Tokyo Eki Mae