Re: where to buy ergonomic keyboard

David Beutel (david_beutel@example.com) wrote:

> > Sounds like your contact didn't look very hard :-p

> floor.  I couldn't find it myself because
> I ... ignored the katakana for impo-ruto.

Oh.  You mean you didn't look very hard either :-)

Seriously, they sell keyboards (at least as of the last time
I was in there) on at least two floors of T-Zone (main building),
also in T-ZONE DIY, probably T-Zone Upgrade-kan, Laox, and I'm
sure a bunch of other places sell them, too.

> I think the only English ergonomic keyboard you'll
> find at Yodobashi or Bic in Shinjuku is the Logitech
> Cordless Desktop Pro, which I would not recommend
> because the radio stuff is flaky.

I don't believe anyone specified an English keyboard.  I have
two Logitech Cordless Desktop Pro keyboards and like them a lot
(wish they came in a Japanese layout).  Not much trouble with radio,
the cordless mouse is great, and I like the keyboard feel better
than the MS keyboard.

The only caveat I have about the Logitech keyboard is to keep
them well away from each other (5 meters) on Linux.  They don't seem
to have that problem on Windows, so I suspect that in the absence
of a real driver for them, they all default to the same channel.
I experienced major interference problems when the guy at the
next desk also got one.  I solved it by making him move across
the room :-)  So do watch out in an office environment, and do
also pay attention to the part in the instructions that says not
to set the transmitter directly on a metal surface (such as your PC case
or a metal desk), but to put a mousepad or book underneath it.
It matters.

Jonathan