RE: How much space needed for a web server install?

same thing happened to me when I installed TL6 server on my firewall box
back a year ago.  I selected what I wanted, then it insisted I needed the
printing stuff and the gnome desktop stuff, which installed X and a bunch of
other crap.

I was embarassed since it was my own turbopkg that did it... but then I
looked at the comps file that they were shipping with it, and it was really
really bad, so it wasn't my code's fault, it was the input specs it was
given :)

as I said, back in TL3.6 you could get a base/firewall install in under
100...

nowadays... Debian or FreeBSD... best bet for minimal install